How to Have a Personal Relationship With God (Christianity)
If you belong to a faith, getting to know God through a personal relationship with him is the most rewarding thing one can do. God offers his friendship freely to all, but many people reject it because they think it means "religion". Having a relationship with God is simple, just as any friendship should be. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16) -- then you and your friends can know --enough to prove God is realfor yourself and then bless the whole world with God's love.
Read and study the Bible as a personal books and letters, all from God to you.To get to know God, you must first listen to what He has to say. Start from the beginning with the book of Genesis and gradually read your way through the end of the book of Revelations. Alternatively, you might start with the book of John to gain understanding of the story of Christ, and how he provided for your life in God. He finished the Plan of Salvation so that no one should be lost or alone, but that all should walk in new life in Christ.
Love God and put His Will before everything else.The greatest commandment in the law is to love God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.(Matthew 22:35-38). To love God is to keep His commandments, and His commandments are not grievous (1 John 5:3). Hereby we do know that we know him: if we keep His commandments. He that saith, "I know Him", and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in Him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked (1 John 2:3-6). Moreover, Jesus said, If ye love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15). He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him (John 14:21). If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in His love (John 15:10).
Love thy neighbor as thyself.(Lev 19:18) Jesus said that this is the second greatest commandment like unto the first commandment to love God, and upon these two commandments hang all the laws and prophets. (Matthew 22:39-40) To strengthen our relationship with others is to strengthen our relationship with God.
- Honour your father and mother, that your days may be long upon the earth. (Ex 20:12)
- Do not kill (Ex 20:13)
- Do not commit adultery (Ex 20:14)
- Leave some fruits of your harvesting for the poor to glean. (Lev 19:10)
- Do not steal. (Lev 19:11)
- Do not cheat (deal falsely). (Lev 19:11)
- Do not lie. (Lev 19:11)
- Do not swear falsely, to profane God's name. (Lev 19:12)
- Do not curse the deaf or put a stumblingblock before the blind. (Lev 19:14).
- Do not judge unrighteously. Neither respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness judge thy neighbour. (Lev 19:15)
- Do not gossip or spread rumours. (Lev 19:16)
- Do not hate your brother in your heart. (Lev 19:17) According to Jesus, this is the same as murder. (Matt 5:21-22)
- Do not avenge or bear grudges against your neighbours. (Lev 19:18)
- Do not covet thy neighbour's house, thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. (Ex 20:17)
Repent of your sins, ask Him to forgive you of all your sins, and mean it well.To repent is to feel genuine sorrow for your sins and to desire to sin no more. If you continue to take pleasure in sinful acts, it is not genuine repentance.
- "For All Have Sinned and Come Short of the Glory of God". (Romans 3:23)
- According to Christianity Jesus as Savior is considered a gift from God and, he allowed himself to be whipped and to die for you so that you could receive the comforter which is the gift of the Holy Spirit "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you." (John 16:6, see also John 14:26)
Ask God to give you the Holy Spirit and change you and mold you into whom he wants you to be.Be baptized for the forgiveness of sins (Acts 2:38).
Commit your ways to the Lord, trust him to guide your path, and walk therein.Seek for things to happen inGod's way and time, not yours. Get started, be patient to learn and serve, and your faith will grow.
Tell others about God."Seek his Kingdom first and everything else will be added!" Spend time with God, think on Him and the things of Him, and seek His will--to do it. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. (Matt 5:14)
Renew your mind as a Christian to do God's will.(Romans 12:2) You must renew it with the Word of God. Set aside personal time with God to read the Bible every day or at night before you go to bed -- for example, read these verses: II Cor 5:7, Jn 13:34-34, Jn 14:6,23,26,27 Jn 10:10, Phil 4:13,19, Eph 1:3, I John 2:27, Isaiah 24:3 Jn 6:27, Eph 6:10, Hebrews 10:16-17. Meditate and reflect upon God's word and pray regularly for his guidance in your daily life.
QuestionI try my best to be as close to God as I can, but temptation to sin always gets the best of me. Can anyone help?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe only way you will get away from temptation is to ask God for help. God wants you to stay with him. When you feel pulled in the direction of your temptation, read the Bible and pray to God instead.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I make my relationship with God personal?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerWhile you are out walking, that is the best time to pray and at school or work. Take breaks and pray or read the Bible. Write your feelings about God in a faith journal. Meet with other believers and talk about the everlasting future you're all promised.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I know if God is speaking to me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerPray every day to communicate better with God, then listen to the "little voice" in your head. That's God speaking to you.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I fully study the Bible?TreeofHolzCommunity AnswerThe best way is to try a Bible study plan.Thanks!
QuestionWhy do I find it difficult to worship God?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSatan wants to stop you from worshiping God and he will throw everything at you to stop you.Thanks!
QuestionDo I have to fast to develop a deep relationship with God?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo, of course not. All you need to do is accept Jesus Christ into your heart.Thanks!
QuestionIs it selfish to accept Jesus only because I want to escape from the pain in my life?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, perhaps, but it can be a good start. Sometimes God can use our pain to catch our attention and turn something bad into something good. Finding faith is not just a one-time action; it's a journey -- a slow growing change which can take a lifetime.Thanks!
QuestionI fully want to believe in God, but there is this doubt that always crosses my mind as to why God allows evil in the world, like in the case of murderers and such.wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerGod gave us free will. Because of that, people can do anything they want. This is what makes faith, prayer, and redemption such powerful things. If we were all good, God's grace wouldn't mean as much. We wouldn't need it.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I follow Jesus without being carnal?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSimply by just doing what is said in the Bible. Sin may not be 100% avoidable, but God's forgiveness is unending, so you can always find redemption from any sins.Thanks!
QuestionI want to hear from God so badly and I try to listen to that voice inside, but sometimes I feel like it's just me talking to myself. How can I truly hear from God?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerGod's word is in the Bible. Read it as much as you can and continue praying. God will reveal Himself to you!Thanks!
- Those that take time to seek God will find Him in the Bible and in daily life.
- Find other like minded believers to fellowship with.
- Trust and obey God - the secret to a happy and fulfilled Life.
- Be consistent, but not legalistic about spiritual disciplines and duties. Love and serve "the least of these".
- Gratitude is the best attitude and God will bless you to be a blessing to others.
- Keep your conscience clean - by daily confession in prayers.
- Ask God to fill you each day with His love, joy , peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
- Don't hold grudges or keep accounts of unkindness or mistakes, as if to be a judge.
- Get your mind off self pity and look to others' needs and interests, often.
- God sometimes speaks to those who seek him through our consciences, other people, spiritual literature, sermons, preachers/teachers,
- but primarily through His holy book, so it is very important to read the Bible. Watch out for verses that strike a responsive chord to, or "jumps out at" you.
- Everything else can be a confirmation to what we read in the Bible.
- Forgive: not judging, but forgiving and loving others and so please God.
- Allocate time for meeting with God alone, regularly.
- Note - Set aside time, first, for doing things for Him, for others, and then time for everything besides God: God's will should always be first.
- Fasting and prayer is another spiritual discipline that enables believers in Christ to relate with God on a personal level. This should be a relationship and not done as a mere activity or routine. Daniel 1:8-12
- Always trust in the lord.
- Live in for the Lord, walk as Christ has wakes. Live in his name and words, pray and live for God.
- Read from Proverbs everyday.
- Know that God is a loving God but you should have a Godly fear (respect) for Him.
- Beware that even those that can do signs and wonders, as when they give a sign, and it comes to pass, are false prophets when they entice you to serve other gods (Deuteronomy 13:1-5). Refuse to listen to anyone that teaches contrary to the Bible, even if he or she does great signs and miracles.
- Christians should always be following God, if they are not, and should, also, be attempting to glorify and honor God, and their belief commands considerable value, when it aligns with the Gospel of Jesus Christ as [it is] presented in the Bible.
- According to Islam obeying God and living a righteous life will protect you from hell. Christianity says that "by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God," (in Jesus Christ) "not a result of works, so that no one may boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9, ESV). You get into Heaven only by the grace of God, not by earning it, as such. Indeed, your faith and God's grace are the gifts of God, not by our power or actions that heaven is open to us, but cannot simply believe to achieve.
- Beware of cult-like movements -- that present themselves asthe sourceof the truth -- but are not in agreement with the word of God in the Bible.
- We must breathe our faith into our life, for "faith without works is dead" (James 2:20). Enriching your faith with grace deepens your relationship with God as it does with others around you, for "by works faith was made perfect" (James 2:18), but "without faith it is impossible to please God" (Hebrews 11:6). So, we put feet on faith to go outside our gates and into all the world.
- Use discernment in choosing a church body to attend. A church that de-emphasises Biblical teaching and interprets the Bible as its leaders see fit, or one that focus on profits and politics, or one that claims to be the only true church while demonizing other churches, may not be the right one to attend.
- Try to understand the context and use your brain; don't assume you understand it - this could lead to misunderstanding the manual God left you to use. In addition, seek out similar passages so that your understanding is more likely of the Bible, not a single quote, out of context.
- Always love people as Jesus said, "Whatever you do to the least of these; ye do to me!"
- So don't become critical or judgmental as there is one judge;
- You are not better than others but are saved through the grace of God.
- Be aware that there are many options of service to others that God says is actually done to him and for him. "Assisting the widow and orphan in their need, remaining incorruptible by this world is pure religion." (James 1:27)
- If you are converting or accepting God and faith for the first time, do simple research.
- Make sure that you are selecting the faith that best reflects your understanding of the Bible, the spirit of truth, and God.
- "An adulterous generation looks for a sign." They apparently do not have faith and "need" a sign.
- However, Jesus said to believers: "17 These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages ... 20 And the disciples went everywhere and preached, and the Lord worked through them, confirming what they said by many miraculous signs.
Video: How can I have a "personal, intimate relationship" with God? (Ask Dr. Stanley)
Kim Kardashians 50-Step Daytime Makeup Routine Costs Over 1,200 in Products Alone
Estos son los signos del Zodiaco con los que no deberías salir
The Trans-Siberian Railway Might Soon Take Passengers From London to Tokyo
The Hidden Significance Behind Meghan Markle’s Outfit In Wales Yesterday
These Good Deeps Will Warm Your Heart in Hindi
4 Ways To Have More Ooh And Less Ouch During Sex
Lady Kitty Spencer is Bvlgari’s Newest Ambassador
How to Unlock Your Android Without a Google Account
Making Time To Work Out When There Isn’t Any
Complementary Therapies to Enhance Your MS Care
CedarCreekWoodshop Cedar Planter Box planter Size: 12 H x 48 W x 12 D
15 Best Foods to Boost Your Metabolism
Oceans 8 trailer: Who is the 8th member