How to Play Dodgeball
Stay behind and let your teammates get the balls, unless you're really fast.If nobody on your team is fast, then let the other team get the balls and just stay back and try to dodge and catch. If you and your team do get them, then roll the extras back to your side so the enemy won't get them.
Once you get a ball, hold on to it until the other team's best players have thrown theirs, then go up and throw it at some of the people who are not as good.Get the average throwers out first so there are less distractions. If you are a bad thrower, just catch them as they get thrown at you.
While getting ready to throw, stay crouched low to the ground and start to sort of gallop towards the line that divides the two sides.This will help you gain power for the throw. If they throw a ball at you while going towards the middle line, crouching and running up to the line will help you dodge it because you are ready to move quickly and you will be a smaller target. This will make it harder for them to hit your body and when they throw it, it will be towards your head and therefore easier to dodge because instead of moving your whole body you will just have to move your head. And, also, in some games of dodgeball, throwing at the head doesn't count!
When throwing, do not be afraid to turn sideways and almost fall then catch yourself with your hand to help increase power.
To catch a ball, let it come to you, don't go to it.Let it come to your chest and when it is about two feet from you start to bring your hands up to catch it. By the time it hits your chest your hands should be there to make sure that it has nowhere else to go. This should make sure that you catch it.
When dodging, always be ready to jump, as they will most likely go for your feet.TRY AS HARD AS YOU CAN TO STAY ON YOUR FEET. If you fall down it may look cool but it leaves you a sitting duck for attacks.
Practice jumping, throwing, and running...the essential ingredients to becoming a good dodge ball player.
Think of the game as war.Pretend that you are fighting for your life and you are facing your greatest rival.
Pay attention to all directions.
Don't move if someone throws a ball at you!Sometimes, it will miss and you can catch it. The oldest trick in the book is to deliberately throw it a little far off from the target, hoping that the person will go in that direction.
A good strategy is to get some friends, then have them all shoot at one player from different points on the field.This will help you hit the target.
Do not show any mercy whatsoever!Take out the good players first so they don't get teammates out.
Be quick on your feet.This means no resting or "time outs".
Get two balls and throw one at an enemy's foot.He/she will most likely try to pick the ball up if he or she does throw the second ball at them.
- When you're throwing the ball towards an opponent do not aim for the upper body as it makes it easier for them to dodge it or catch it, aim for the shins as they can't catch it and makes it harder for them to dodge it.
QuestionHow many balls do I need?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThis depends on how many players you have. As a general rule, half as many balls as the total number of players on both sides.Thanks!
QuestionCan I bounce the ball off the floor to get someone out?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNot according to the official NDBL rules, the ball cannot make contact with the floor before hitting someone and getting them out, but you can choose to play however you see fit.Thanks!
QuestionIf I am just playing dodge ball at a friend's birthday party, do I really need to know all the rules and how to be good at playing?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOf course not. Most likely they'll go over the rules before the game anyway. Just do your best and have fun.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I dodge when they're close to me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt is difficult but try to anticipate which way they are going to through the ball. You can kind of lean one way to force them to throw it that way and then quickly go the other way.Thanks!
How much people play dodgeball?
How can I throw the ball hard and fast without hurting my shoulder?
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- If you're fast enough and you are not one of the better throwers on the team, rush to the balls and knock them back to your teammates. Almost all of the time, one of your teammates will catch a ball later and you'll be allowed back in.
- If the referee calls you out, don't argue because they can have you kicked out of the game.
- Never talk or interact with anyone during the game; it will only distract you.
- Try not to lock your knees.
- Never rush to the balls in the beginning, unless the rival does the same.
- If you are a close up hitter squat down and they overlook you then you raise up and nail them. It works every time!
- Don't think about any situations that might affect the game (unless it is revenge, of course).
- A good trick is to stand with your eliminated teammates along the sidelines as if you were out, but have a ball behind your back and be ready to surprise an opponent with a swift ball in the face.
- Use the lob and drive method. Get a friend on your side. Tell them to lob the ball high. The person you are trying to hit will think "this is an easy out. I should go catch it." Right before the enemy or target gets the ball drill the ball at the person or otherwise throw it really fast to get them out.
- Always stay in a crouched position! This is a very important thing to do.
- Try cartwheeling from the opponent. It confuses the other person and you can get the ball and get them out.
- Keep track of who has a ball and keep track of what is flying in the air to ensure you do not get hit.
Video: How to Play Dodgeball
8. Asking for help is the strongest thing you can do
Heavy Drinking harms more Organs than just the Liver
More Ways You Could be Using Greek Yogurt
What Is My Face Shape And Different Haircuts For It
Green Bean Casserole with Crispy Sausage
Sheryl Sandberg plans to donate her SurveyMonkey stock to her charity after IPO
8 Allergies That Go Together
Your New Favorite Movie Theater Chain Is Offering Cheetos Popcorn
How to Join a Sports Recovery Center
The Zero-Effort Way Im Getting My Bikini Body
How to Find the Orion Nebula
How to Do Daytime Brown Eye Makeup
Skinny Chicken Fajitas
How to Make a Tumblr Room
How to Choose Healthy Chinese Takeout
Date: 02.12.2018, 23:10 / Views: 43544