How to Practice Chastity While Dating
Practicing chastity while dating might seem like a hard thing to do,but it's not. The Catechism of the Catholic Church states "All Christ’s faithful are called to lead a chaste life in keeping with their particular states of life." These steps will help you have fun and still practice being chaste while on a date.
Go ice skating.Ice skating is always fun and most of the time won't lead to anything inappropriate, because of all the other people around. And you'll have plenty of clothes on to keep warm.
Go miniature golfing.Mini golfing is exciting, cheap, and fun. You can always have a competition with mini golf, and the atmosphere is always adventurous.
Go to the zoo/aquarium.The zoo or aquarium is entertaining. All the animals are different than ones you see everyday, and have special things to them that make them different and fun to see.
Have a picnic in the park.During the spring, summer, or fall when it is still warm out, having a picnic is a great idea. Being outside is enjoyable all the time, and you can go on to do other things in the park, like throwing a Frisbee, playing fetch with your dog, or taking a walk.
Go bowling.Bowling is similar to miniature golfing in that you can compete with your date. Trying to get a higher score or who can get the most strikes or spares can be exciting.
Listen to a local band live.Live music is always pleasant to listen to and local bands usually have great music.
Sing karaoke.Although it can be a little embarrassing sometimes, karaoke can be fun at the same time. You can show your date you're not scared to do out of the ordinary things by trying karaoke.
Ride bikes together.Riding a bike with your date gives you the chance to talk and get some exercise.
Go to a movie premiere.Seeing a movie can sometimes lead to inappropriate things, but going to a premiere can prevent you from being tempted because of the other people.
Go to dinner.Dinner at a nice restaurant can always be enjoyable even when practicing chastity. You don't have to feel pressured while just having dinner.
- "The alternative is clear: either man governs his passions and finds peace, or he lets himself be dominated by them and becomes unhappy" (CCC, 2339). This means that a person who practices chastity will be happy, but a person who has no control over their passions will be unhappy. Chastity is always the best thing to practice, especially during dating.
- Dressing modestly and appropriately always helps you and your date to practice chastity.
- These ideas will not prevent you from temptation, but you can always say "no" if you feel pressured.
Sources and Citations
- Pope John Paul II, comp. "2348." Catechism of the Catholic Church. Second ed. Washington, D.C.: United States Catholic Conference. Print.
- Barber, Jordan, Craig Lewis, and Justin Lewis. "First Date Ideas." Creative Date Ideas | Fun Cheap Date Ideas. Web. 14 Jan. 2011. <>.
- Wilonsky, Robert. "The New Dallas Zoo Revue Will Be Coming Right at You By No Later Than October 1 - Dallas News - Unfair Park." The Dallas Observer Blogs. 5 Aug. 2009. Web. 14 Jan. 2011. <>.
Video: Avoiding Impurity
September 23-September 25: Thanksgiving Day
6 Rules For Wearing Belts Like A Boss
How to Know That You Are Going to Heaven As a Christian
Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton Graciously Handled Jokes About Their Split at the CMAs
Psoriasis and a Healthy Pregnancy
About Half of Americans Get Health Care in ER
5 Best Recovery Foods for Endurance Athletes
This Is Exactly How Many Steps You Should Be Walking A Day for Weight Loss
How to Fix a Squeaky Desk Chair
How To Dress Like Nerdy Boy 18 Cute Nerd Outfits For Men
6 Pain Relief Tips for Men With Advanced Prostate Cancer
6 Dairy Products You Should Absolutely Be Eating On The Keto Diet
Vodka Chilli Cocktails