Marinated Beef Tip Roast
Mar 9, 2019
Don't fear the amount of garlic in the recipe. The cloves mellow out while simmering in the marinade to make the sauce. It's common to find eye of round roasts in 3-pound packages, so buy that size, if necessary, and use the other half for the Oven-Baked Pot Roast recipe on page 197.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 10
Cook Time: 0 hours 40
Total Time: 12 hours 50
6 tbsp. olive oil
juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp. dried thyme
garlic cloves, halved
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 1/2 lb. well-trimmed boneless beef eye of round roast
- Combine the oil, lemon juice and zest, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large zip-top bag. Place the roast in the bag. Massage the marinade into the roast. Seal and refrigerate, turning and massaging occasionally, for 12 to 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Working over a small saucepan, snip a bottom corner of the marinade bag to make a small hole. Squeeze all of the marinade and the garlic cloves into the pan. Remove the roast from the bag, oil a grill rack, and place the roast over direct heat. Grill for 10 minutes, turning to sear all sides of the roast. Move the roast to indirect heat and grill for 30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 145Â°F for medium-rare/160Â°F for medium/165Â°F for well done. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cover the saucepan and bring the marinade to a simmer over medium-low heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to sit while the roast cooks.
- Reheat the marinade briefly. Transfer to a mini food processor or blender. Process for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened and lighter in color. Add any juices that have accumulated on the beef roast plate. Transfer the beef to a cutting board and carve into thin slices. Serve with the sauce.
MAKE IT AHEAD If you are serving only 4 for dinner, save the 2 leftover portions for recipes that call for cooked roast beef.
Video: How To Marinate Tri Tip + 3 Tri Tip Marinade Recipes (Freezer Ready Meal Prep!) | A Sweet Pea Chef
What Sex Therapists Tell Their Friends
6 ways to dodge long hours
When Youre the Caregiver
The Quickest Ways to Lose Belly Fat
6 Women Open Up About the Reality of Being Single in Your 40s
Spinach Juice Recipe
Protein Needs of Athletes
How to Claim Back Bank Charges
How Many Calories Do You Burn Doing Household Chores
Whats New in Menopause Research
5 Ways To Eat Healthy This Holiday
How to Convince a Very Hairy Man to Shave His Chest
UBS: UK recession after no deal Brexit
How to Do a Somersault
Meet the Next Fitness Star Finalist Who Swapped Bikini Competitions for CrossFit
Date: 03.12.2018, 09:04 / Views: 42364